- The Associate Dean for Academic Advising, or another member from the OAA, can serve as a liaison with your faculty members regarding absence due to a temporary disability.
- OAA in 125 Reynolda Hall, 336-758-3320
Students with Temporary Disabilities
Temporary disabilities may include extended illnesses, concussions, broken limbs, and short-term impairments resulting from injuries, surgeries, or medical procedures.
Office of Academic Advising
Student Health Service
- Documentation of a temporary medical need, injury, or accident, should be submitted to Student Health Service (if treated at an outside facility).
- Follow up with Student Health Service regarding options for transportation and the possibility of missing classes.
- A motorized scooter is available on a first-come, first-served basis for students with temporary physical disabilities. The scooter is loaned to students at their own risk for a period of two weeks at a time. A refundable deposit and nominal usage fee are required to use the scooter.
- Student Health Service in George C. Mackie Health Center, 336-758-5218
Center for Learning, Access, and Student Success
- CLASS can assist with academic accommodations, including proctoring of exams, scribing, note-taking, assistive technology, or providing extended time on tests and exams.
- A meeting with a CLASS staff member may be necessary so that an appropriate letter of support can be provided to your faculty member denoting the accommodation needed.
- Assistance with route accessibility on campus.
- CLASS in 118 Reynolda Hall, 336-758-5929
Residence Life and Housing
- RL&H can assist with temporary and accessible housing accommodations, as space permits.
- Residence Life and Housing in Angelou Hall, 336-758-5185
Parking and Transportation
- Temporary parking on campus is made available for students who have presented a medical need to Student Health Services.
- Students who need permanent, accessible parking should contact the Department of Motor Vehicles in their home state to obtain appropriate parking decals.
- Questions about on campus transportation, including shuttle schedules, can be found at here.
- Parking and Transportation in Alumni Hall, 336-758-7275